Please see the School Improvement Plan Overview which outlines the schools key priorities for the academic year 2020-21 on the following link: SIP 2020-21
Our school is a special place to learn and work, and our children are amazing!
We take great pride in the positive relationships we build with children, families and the community around us which helps create the very best environment for our pupils to learn and thrive.
Staff at Aldborough are passionate about education, and the doors it can open.
We work hard to provide children with memorable and meaningful opportunities for learning, through a curriculum that engages and challenges, with high expectations and academic rigour are at its heart. Our children enjoy their time at school and talk with excitement about the thrill and joy they experience when they make discoveries, advance their skills and master tricky concepts.
We believe in each and every child, and every decision we make is based on making a positive difference in their lives, providing them with the best that we can offer and supporting their journey to achieving great success.
Aims and Values
- To promote high academic standards and outcomes for all
- To develop confident successful and independent learners
- To provide a welcoming, safe and supportive environment
- To encourage pupils to act responsibly and respectfully to all
- To develop open and genuine engagement with parents
- To ensure children become responsible global citizens
- To play an active role within our local community
We have seven core values which permeate all that we do:
- Team Work
Aldborough Primary School
Part of the Loxford School Trust
We will maximise the effectiveness of learning opportunities and technologies to provide our children with high levels of attainment and achievement. This will be provided in a well-ordered, reflective, enterprising and collaborative environment in which all participants are respected and are enabled to fulfil their potential and to make a positive contribution to the development of our culturally rich community.
Values, Vision and Mission
Through our policies, practice, evaluation and celebration we shall illustrate our commitment to:
- All humanity, respecting the rich diversity of individual, family and community life; specifically recognising and supporting the primary entitlement of all in the development of their own spiritual and emotional well-being and of a positive self-esteem.
- The fulfilment of personal potential through educational opportunity, based on the aspirations of individuals, appropriate to their needs and accessible to their circumstances.
- Innovative and flexible approaches to teaching and learning, effectively deployed to raise student aspirations; grounded in realistic self-appraisal, fuelled by clear visionary inspirations, driven by supportive staff, and resourced by state of the art facilities within a purposeful and attractive environment inspired by a clarity of vision from the school’s leaders.
- A broad, balanced and personalised curriculum, enhanced by our distinctive focus on Science, Technology and Languages, supported by effective deployment of a range of educational technologies.
- A variety of differentiated accreditation opportunities for all children based upon competencies, aptitudes and a pro-active approach to equality of opportunity for all, including securing the basic skills of literacy and numeracy as access keys to the curriculum.
- The provision of distinctive and high quality post-16 education, reflective of the School’s specialisms and with a focus on lifelong learning and collaboration with our community.
- A committed, well-resourced staff including colleagues from outside conventional roles, deployed where appropriate to enhance the learning process.